Privacy Notice for Visitors to Our Users’ ONFORMs
Last Updated: 22 October, 2020
This Privacy Notice explains how we, at ONFORM, process information about the visitors of our users’ ONFORMs in connection with the services we provide through onform.net.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the folks behind ONFORM, which is designed to allow anyone — from individuals, small business owners, and enterprises — to take full advantage of the power of online engagement and understanding client and customer needs. Our mission is to make online engagement radically accessible to everyone regardless of technical or economic ability. That’s why ONFORM is easier to use, and significantly more affordable, whilst also being more powerful, than our competitors.
To keep things simple, in this Privacy Notice we’ll refer to the users of the services we provide through ONFORM – such as an ONFORM or Admin Console administrator, author, or editor – as our “Users,” and we’ll refer to our Users’ ONFORMs as “ONFORMs”. Visitors to those ONFORMs can fill in and interact with the ONFORMs through a range of question types.
We put together this Privacy Notice to help our Users understand the information we collect about visitors to their ONFORMs (a/k/a our Users’ users), and how that happens. Our Users are responsible for providing a privacy statement on their ONFORMs if they are collecting personal information that explains to their visitors how data is collected via the respective ONFORM and how that information is used and disclosed.
Alright, with those introductions out of the way, let’s turn to how we collect, use, and share information about visitors to our Users’ ONFORMs.
Information We Collect About Visitors to Our Users’ Sites
We collect information about visitors to our Users’ ONFORMs in a few different ways–we collect certain information that the visitors provide to the ONFORM, we collect some information automatically, and we collect any information that our Users provide to us about their visitors.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information a Visitor Provides When Completing an ONFORM
We’ll start with information that a visitor provides directly when completing an ONFORM, which happens when a visitor completes a poll, questionnaire, or other types of survey prepared by a User via their Admin Console, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information that the survey owner requires for a poll/questionnaire/survey/form response, like an e-mail address.
Information We Automatically Collect from the ONFORM
We also automatically collect some information about visitors to an ONFORM. We’ve listed examples below:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to an ONFORM, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit their ONFORMs from certain geographic regions.
- Response Information: We collect information about visitors who respond to an ONFORM. The information that we collect typically includes IP address, browser type, operating system and user agent.
Other Information Provided by Our Users
We also collect any other information that our Users provide to us about visitors to their ONFORMs. For example, a User may upload information about ONFORM visitors to the Admin Console.
How We Use Visitor Information
We use information about ONFORM visitors in order to provide our Services to our Users and their ONFORMs. Our users may use our Services to, for example, create and manage their ONFORMs and collect information through forms, questionnaires and other surveys.
We may also use and share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify any individual. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services.
How We Share Visitor Information
We may share information collected about ONFORM visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose ONFORM visitor information to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide our services to our Users and their ONFORMs, or to process the information on our behalf. We require our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Privacy Notice for information about visitors that we share with them.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share ONFORM visitor information with third party vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to our Users and their ONFORMs. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose ONFORM visitor information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose ONFORM visitor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ONFORM, our Users, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that ONFORM goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, ONFORM visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to ONFORM visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
How Long We Keep Visitor Information
If we are not legally required to keep it, we generally discard information about ONFORM visitors when no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it on behalf of our users — those purposes which are described in the “How We Use Visitor Information” section above.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of our user’s ONFORMs — such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system — for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, investigate issues if something goes wrong on a user’s ONFORM.
That’s it! Thanks for reading.
THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT APPLIES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE ONLY, AND NOT TO ANY OTHER SECTION/S AND/OR WEBPAGE/S: Derived from or based upon “Legalmattic” by Automattic. Altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in accordance with CC BY-SA 4.0. Licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 by GOING BOLD LTD.